lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: Solr logging in local time
Date Tue, 17 Nov 2015 03:05:16 GMT
On 11/16/2015 9:04 AM, tedsolr wrote:
> Is it possible to define a timezone for Solr so that logging occurs in local
> time? My logs appear to be in UTC. Due to daylight savings, I don't think
> defining a GMT offset in the log4j.properties files will work.

I noticed this today when I upgraded from 5.2.1 to a 5.3.2 snapshot.

This is the adjustment that I made to my log4j.properties file to get
previous behavior back:

log4j.appender.file.layout.ConversionPattern=%d{yyyy-MM-dd
HH:mm:ss.SSS}{America/Denver} %-5p (%t) [%X{collection} %X{shard}
%X{replica} %X{core}] %c{2.} %m\n

I'm not sure how that's going to end up wrapping, but as I edit the
message it is wrapping at a place that might cause confusion.  To clear
that confusion up:  There is no space between the right curly brace
after the date pattern and the left curly brace before the timezone.

I'm aware that for one hour out of the year, there will be timestamp
overlap ... but to me, it's a worthwhile tradeoff for having timestamps
that can be easily compared to a wall clock.

Thanks,
Shawn