lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Dhutia, Devansh" <DDhu...@gannett.com>
Subject DocValues error
Date Fri, 13 Nov 2015 18:00:55 GMT
We have an existing collection with a field called lastpublishdate of type tdate. It already
has a lot of data indexed, and we want to add docValues to improve our sorting performance
on the field.

The old field definition was:

 <field name="lastpublishdate" type="tdate" indexed="true" stored=“true"/>

We we recently changed it to

 <field name="lastpublishdate" type="tdate" indexed="true" stored="true" docValues="true"/>

Is that considered a breaking change? Upon deploying the schema & reloading the collection,
sorting on the field fails the following error:

unexpected docvalues type NONE for field 'lastpublishdate' (expected=NUMERIC). Use UninvertingReader
or index with docvalues.

Do we really need to wipe & rebuild the entire index to add docValues to an existing dataset?

Thanks