lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@odoko.co.uk>
Subject Re: Upgrading from 4.x to 5.x
Date Thu, 19 Nov 2015 10:34:24 GMT

On Thu, Nov 19, 2015, at 10:03 AM, Jan Høydahl wrote:
> > Looking under solr5/server/solr I see configsets with the three default choices.
What "feels" right is to make a new folder in there for my app (dovecot) and then copy my
solr4/example/solr/collection1/conf folder. I'm hoping I'm on the right track - maybe working
too hard.

> If you have an existing conf you don’t need to worry about config sets.
> That is a new concept for kickstarting new cores from.
>
> > If that was correct, then I tried "solr create -n dovecot -c dovecot" (after stopping
my old server and starting a new one) and it did create an entry. I then stopped the server,
copied my old data folder over to the new location, and started the server.

> Assuming you’re not using SolrCloud.
> 1. Copy the server/ folder to your new location
> 2. cd server/solr (or the location you defined as SOLR HOME)
> 3. cp -r /path/to/old/solr4/SOLR_HOME/dovecot .
> 4. Make sure there is a core.properties file in the dovecot folder
> 5. Start solr, and you should have your core up and running as before

You can point Solr 5 at an existing directory (SOLR_HOME) that contains
your index and configs with the -s parameter:

bin/solr start -s /path/to/old/solr_home

Upayavira