lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Todd Long <lon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DIH Caching w/ BerkleyBackedCache
Date Mon, 16 Nov 2015 14:08:25 GMT
Mikhail Khludnev wrote
> "External merge" join helps to avoid boilerplate caching in such simple
> cases.

Thank you for the reply. I can certainly look into this though I would have
to apply the patch for our version (i.e. 4.8.1). I really just simplified
our data configuration here which actually consists of many sub-entities
that are successfully using the SortedMapBackedCache cache. I imagine this
would still apply to those as the queries themselves are simple for the most
part. I assume performance-wise this would only require the single table
scan?

I'm still very much interested in resolving this Berkley database cache
issue. I'm sure there is some minor configuration I'm missing that is
causing this behavior. Again, I've had no issues with the
SortedMapBackedCache for its caching purpose... I've tried simplifying our
data configuration to only one thread with a single sub-entity with the same
results. Again, any help would be greatly appreciated with this.