lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Toke Eskildsen ...@statsbiblioteket.dk>
Subject Re: Search query speed
Date Tue, 10 Nov 2015 20:53:16 GMT
John Stric <jstguy7@gmail.com> wrote:
> The speed of particular query has gone from about 42 msec to 66 msec
> without any changes.

- Your JVM has allocated a bit more RAM, leaving less for disk cache.
- Your index has grown.
- The amount of concurrent requests has increased, pushing objects from Eden space to main
heap, causing heavier garbage collection.
- A backup job is running.
- Another program has started, eating free mem from disk cache.
- Swap activity has increased.

The list goes on. Java performance is a fickle beast and Solr performance doubly so.

> How do I go about troubleshooting what may have happened?

Try to restore to a previous state and see if that changes response time: Shut down all running
programs on the machine, start Solr again, warm it and test?

- Toke Eskildsen