lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Facet queries blow out the filterCache
Date Tue, 06 Oct 2015 21:45:11 GMT
: So, no SolrCloud, default example config, about as basic as you get. I
: didn’t even bother indexing any docs. Then I issued this query:
:
: http://localhost:8983/solr/techproducts/select?q=name:foo&rows=1&facet=true
: &facet.field=popularity&facet.mincount=0&facet.limit=-1

: This still causes an insert into the filterCache.

the faceting component is a type of operation that indicates in the
QueryCommand that it needs to GET_DOCSET for the set of all documents
matching the query (independent of pagination) -- the point of this DocSet
is so the faceting logic can then compute the intersection of the set of
all matching documents with the set of documents matching each facet
constraint.  the cached DocSet will be re-used both within the context
of the current request, and in future facet requests over the
same query+filters.

: The only real difference I’m noticing vs my solrcloud collection is that
: repeating the query increments cache lookups and hits. It’s still odd
: though, because issuing new distinct queries causes a reported insert, but
: not a lookup, so the cache hit ratio is always exactly 1.

i'm not following what you are saying at all ... can you give some
concrete examples (ie: "starting with an empty cache i do this request,
then i see these cache stats, then i do this identical/different query and
then the cache stats look like this...")

-Hoss
http://www.lucidworks.com/