lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Pressed optimize and now SOLR is not indexing while optimize is going on
Date Mon, 05 Oct 2015 21:09:13 GMT
You should be able to insert while optimizing. Do be aware that
optimize will probably require that your disk have free _at least_ as
much space as the index takes up.

It may just be that the disk is so busy with the optimize (it's mostly
just writing from one file to another) that it's appearing to be
slow...

Best,
Erick