lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Ravi Solr <ravis...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Solr 4.7.2 Vs 5.3.0 Docs different for same query
Date Fri, 02 Oct 2015 14:47:54 GMT
Mr. Uchida,
        Thank you for responding. It was my fault, I had a update processor
which takes specific text and string fields and concatenates them into a
single field, and I search on that single field. Recently I used Atomic
update to fix a specific field's value and forgot to disable the
UpdateProcessor chain...Since I was only updating one field the aggregate
field got messed up with just that field value and hence I had issues
searching. I reindexed the data again yesterday night and now it is all
good.

I do have a small question, when we update the zookeeper ensemble with new
configs via 'upconfig' and 'linkconfig' commands do we have to "reload" the
collections on all the nodes to see the updated config ?? Is there a single
call which can update all nodes connected to the ensemble ?? I just went to
the admin UI and hit "Reload" button manually on each of the node...Is that
the correct way to do it ?

Thanks

Ravi Kiran Bhaskar

On Fri, Oct 2, 2015 at 12:04 AM, Tomoko Uchida <tomoko.uchida.1111@gmail.com
> wrote:

> Are you sure that you've indexed same data to Solr 4.7.2 and 5.3.0 ?
> If so, I suspect that you have multiple shards and request to one shard.
> (In that case, you might get partial results)
>
> Can you share HTTP request url and the schema and default search field ?
>
>
> 2015-10-02 6:09 GMT+09:00 Ravi Solr <ravisolr@gmail.com>:
>
> > I we migrated from 4.7.2 to 5.3.0. I sourced the docs from 4.7.2 core and
> > indexed into 5.3.0 collection (data directories are different) via
> > SolrEntityProcessor. Currently my production is all whack because of this
> > issue. Do I have to go back and reindex all again ?? Is there a quick fix
> > for this ?
> >
> > Here are the results for the query 'obama'...please note the numfound.
> > 4.7.2 has almost 148519 docs while 5.3.0 says it only has 5.3.0 docs. Any
> > pointers on how to correct this ?
> >
> >
> > Solr 4.7.2
> >
> > <response>
> >         <lst name="responseHeader">
> >                   <int name="status">0</int>
> >                   <int name="QTime">2</int>
> >                   <lst name="params">
> >                          <str name="q">obama</str>
> >                           <str name="rows">0</str>
> >                    </lst>
> >           </lst>
> >           <result name="response" numFound="148519" start="0"/>
> > </response>
> >
> > SolrCloud 5.3.0
> >
> > <response>
> >       <lst name="responseHeader">
> >            <int name="status">0</int>
> >            <int name="QTime">2</int>
> >            <lst name="params">
> >                     <str name="q">obama</str>
> >                     <str name="rows">0</str>
> >             </lst>
> >        </lst>
> >        <result name="response" numFound="2805" start="0"/>
> > </response>
> >
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Ravi Kiran Bhaskar
> >
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message