lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Steven White <swhite4...@gmail.com>
Subject Two seperate intance of Solr on the same machine
Date Mon, 26 Oct 2015 17:33:47 GMT
Hi,

For reasons I have no control over, I'm required to run 2 (maybe more)
instances of Solr on the same server (Windows and Linux).  To be more
specific, I will need to start each instance like so:

  > solr\bin start -p 8983 -s ..\instance_one
  > solr\bin start -p 8984 -s ..\instance_two
  > solr\bin start -p 8985 -s ..\instance_three

Each of those instances is a stand alone Solr (no ZK here at all).

I have tested this over and over and did not see any issue.  However, I did
notice that each instance is writing to the same solr\server\logs\ files
(will this be an issue?!!)

Is the above something I should avoid?  If so, why?

Thanks in advanced !!

Steve