lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Brian Narsi <bnars...@gmail.com>
Subject Query differently or change fieldtype
Date Mon, 26 Oct 2015 18:24:51 GMT
I have the following field type on a field ClientName:

<fieldType name="txt_edgngrm" class="solr.TextField"
positionIncrementGap="100">
<analyzer type="index">
<filter class="solr.EdgeNGramFilterFactory" minGramSize="2"
maxGramSize="25"/>
</analyzer>
<analyzer type="query">
</analyzer>
  </fieldType>

For data where

ClientName = st jude medical inc

When querying I get the following:

1) st --> result = st jude medical inc (works correctly)
2) st j  --> No results are returned (NOT correct) - Expect to find st jude
medical inc
3) st ju m --> No results are returned (NOT correct) - Expect to find st
jude medical inc
4) st ju me --> result = st jude medical inc (works correctly)
5) st ju inc --> No results are returned (NOT correct) - Expect to find st
jude medical inc

Is my field type definition correct? Or do I need to query differently?

Thanks