lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: error reporting during indexing
Date Tue, 29 Sep 2015 00:12:06 GMT
You shouldn't be losing errors with HttpSolrServer. Are you
seeing evidence that you are or is this mostly a curiosity question?

Do not it's better to batch up docs, your throughput will increase
a LOT. That said, when you do batch (e.g. send 500 docs per update
or whatever) and you get an error back, you're not quite sure what
doc failed. So what people do is retry a failed batch one document
at a time when the batch has errors and rely on Solr overwriting
any docs in the batch that were indexed the first time.

Best,
Erick