lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Alfonso Muñoz-Pomer Fuentes <amu...@ebi.ac.uk>
Subject Atomic updates on multiple documents
Date Thu, 17 Sep 2015 15:48:49 GMT
Hi, I have a question regarding atomic updates on multiple documents.

We’re using Solr 5.1.0, and I’m wondering if it’s possible to perform an
atomic update on multiple documents with one request.

After having a look at http://yonik.com/solr/atomic-updates/ I tried to
do the following after the example by Yonik:
$ curl http://localhost:8983/solr/demo/update -d '
[
  {"author_s"   : "Neal Stephenson",
   "cat_ss"     : {"add":"Cyberpunk"}
  }
]'

I expected it would add the category “Cyberpunk” to all the books by
“Neal Stephenson”, but instead a new document with only those fields was
created.

Is there a way to achieve what I described above, without reading all
the relevant documents, modify them, and then sending them back to Solr?

Thank you in advance.

--
Alfonso Muñoz-Pomer Fuentes
Software Engineer @ Expression Atlas Team