lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Mark Fenbers <mark.fenb...@noaa.gov>
Subject Re: Google didn't help on this one!
Date Wed, 16 Sep 2015 11:22:06 GMT
On 9/15/2015 6:49 PM, Shawn Heisey wrote:

> >From the information we have, we cannot tell if this is a problem
> request or not.  Do you have a core/collection named "EventLog" on your
> Solr server?  It will be case sensitive.  If you do, does that config
> have a handler named "spellCheckCompRH" in it (also case sensitive)?
>
> The nc output lets us see everything that your client sent to Solr, so I
> have built a test URL for you based on that info.
>
> Try sending the following URL from a browser or a curl command.  If I've
> gotten the host wrong, go ahead and replace it with the correct value.
> You'll probably be able to see any errors right in the browser or curl
> output.  Hopefully this will help you figure out what's happening.  Also
> look in your Solr server's logfile for error messages.
>
> http://dell9-tir:8983/solr/EventLog/spellCheckCompRH?qt=%2FspellCheckCompRH&q=Some+more+text+wit+some+missspelled+wordz.&spellcheck=on&spellcheck.build=true&wt=json&indent=true
>
> I notice that you have "spellcheck.build=true" in that URL.  You
> probably don't want to do this on every request, assuming that your
> spellcheck dictionary even requires building.
>
> Thanks,
> Shawn
It wasn't really a problem request, but a follow-up to those who took
the time to help me.  However, since this error has returned, it is now
a problem request!  ;-)

I am aware that "spellcheck.build=true" is expensive, but since I
haven't had my first success yet with spell-checking, I figured it
wouldn't hurt to have it in there for now.

I ran the URL you gave verbatim (because your assumptions were correct),
but I got the stacktrace shown below.  This is particularly puzzling
because I can find nowhere in my code or configuration where I am
specifying a float value where I shouldn't be.  My solrconfig.xml and
schema.xml are posted in another thread having a subject "Moving on to
spelling" if that helps you help me.

Thanks,
Mark

HTTP ERROR 500

Problem accessing /solr/EventLog/spellCheckCompRH. Reason:

     {msg=SolrCore 'EventLog' is not available due to init failure:
java.lang.Float cannot be cast to
java.lang.String,trace=org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: SolrCore
'EventLog' is not available due to init failure: java.lang.Float cannot
be cast to java.lang.String
     at org.apache.solr.core.CoreContainer.getCore(CoreContainer.java:978)
     at org.apache.solr.servlet.HttpSolrCall.init(HttpSolrCall.java:250)
     at org.apache.solr.servlet.HttpSolrCall.call(HttpSolrCall.java:417)
     at
org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.doFilter(SolrDispatchFilter.java:210)
     at
org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.doFilter(SolrDispatchFilter.java:179)
     at
org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1652)
     at
org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:585)
     at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:143)
     at
org.eclipse.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:577)
     at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doHandle(SessionHandler.java:223)
     at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:1127)
     at
org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:515)
     at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doScope(SessionHandler.java:185)
     at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:1061)
     at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:141)
     at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:215)
     at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:110)
     at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:97)
     at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpChannel.handle(HttpChannel.java:310)
     at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.onFillable(HttpConnection.java:257)
     at
org.eclipse.jetty.io.AbstractConnection$2.run(AbstractConnection.java:540)
     at
org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:635)
     at
org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$3.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:555)
     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: java.lang.Float cannot
be cast to java.lang.String
     at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.<init>(SolrCore.java:820)
     at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.<init>(SolrCore.java:659)
     at org.apache.solr.core.CoreContainer.create(CoreContainer.java:727)
     at org.apache.solr.core.CoreContainer$1.call(CoreContainer.java:447)
     at org.apache.solr.core.CoreContainer$1.call(CoreContainer.java:438)
     at
org.apache.solr.common.util.ExecutorUtil$MDCAwareThreadPoolExecutor$1.run(ExecutorUtil.java:210)
     at
     at
     ... 1 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.Float cannot be cast
to java.lang.String
     at
org.apache.solr.spelling.AbstractLuceneSpellChecker.init(AbstractLuceneSpellChecker.java:97)
     at
org.apache.solr.spelling.IndexBasedSpellChecker.init(IndexBasedSpellChecker.java:57)
     at
org.apache.solr.handler.component.SpellCheckComponent.inform(SpellCheckComponent.java:660)
     at
org.apache.solr.core.SolrResourceLoader.inform(SolrResourceLoader.java:619)
     at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.<init>(SolrCore.java:800)
     ... 9 more
,code=500}