lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: FilterCache Tuning Question
Date Tue, 15 Sep 2015 23:00:43 GMT
On 9/15/2015 1:35 PM, Sanders, Marshall (AT - Atlanta) wrote:
> Currently if you have
> fq=field1:value1 OR field2:value2
>
> It generates a filter cache item with a key like this:
> item_field1:value1 field2
>
> Ideally it would create 2 additional ones like so (configured or on demand maybe?):
> item_field1:value1 field2:value2
> item_field1:value1
> item_field2:value2
>
> That way we can reuse existing cache keys that might be in the cache already and/or set
up the cache for future queries.

There is at least one (and possibly more than one) issue in Jira for
this.  This is what I was able to find -- you'll see that I commented on
it quite a long time ago:

I had not ever seen the 5.4 filter() syntax that Mikhail mentioned, so
I'm completely unfamiliar with whether it will give you what you're
after.  It looks like it might do exactly what you need.

Thanks,
Shawn