lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Mark Fenbers <mark.fenb...@noaa.gov>
Subject Config error mystery
Date Fri, 04 Sep 2015 16:40:07 GMT
Greetings,

I'm moving on from the tutorials and trying to setup an index for my own
data (from a database).  All I did was add the following to the
solrconfig.xml (taken verbatim from the example in Solr documentation,
except for the name="config" pathname) and I get an error in the
web-based UI.

   <requestHandler name="/dataimport"
class="org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.DataImportHandler" >
     <lst name="defaults">
         <str name="config">/localapps/dev/EventLog/data-config.xml</str>
     </lst>
   </requestHandler>

Because of this error, no /dataimport page is available in the Admin
user interface; therefore, I cannot visit the page
http://localhost:8983/solr/dataimport.  The actual error is:

org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Error Instantiating
requestHandler, org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.DataImportHandler
failed to instantiate org.apache.solr.request.SolrRequestHandler
     at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.<init>(SolrCore.java:820)
     at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.<init>(SolrCore.java:659)
     at org.apache.solr.core.CoreContainer.create(CoreContainer.java:727)
     at org.apache.solr.core.CoreContainer$1.call(CoreContainer.java:447)
     at org.apache.solr.core.CoreContainer$1.call(CoreContainer.java:438)
     at
org.apache.solr.common.util.ExecutorUtil$MDCAwareThreadPoolExecutor$1.run(ExecutorUtil.java:210)
     at
     at
     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Error Instantiating
requestHandler, org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.DataImportHandler
failed to instantiate org.apache.solr.request.SolrRequestHandler
     at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.createInstance(SolrCore.java:588)
     at org.apache.solr.core.PluginBag.createPlugin(PluginBag.java:122)
     at org.apache.solr.core.PluginBag.init(PluginBag.java:217)
     at
org.apache.solr.core.RequestHandlers.initHandlersFromConfig(RequestHandlers.java:130)
     at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.<init>(SolrCore.java:773)
     ... 9 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: class
org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.DataImportHandler
     at java.lang.Class.asSubclass(Class.java:3208)
     at
org.apache.solr.core.SolrResourceLoader.findClass(SolrResourceLoader.java:475)
     at
org.apache.solr.core.SolrResourceLoader.findClass(SolrResourceLoader.java:422)
     at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.createInstance(SolrCore.java:567)
     ... 13 more

If I remove the <requestHandler> section and restart Solr, the error
goes away.  As best I can tell, the contents of
/localapps/dev/EventLog/data-config.xml look fine, too.  See it here:

<dataConfig>
     <dataSource driver="org.postgresql.Driver"
url="jdbc:postgresql://dx1f/OHRFC" user="awips" />
     <document>
         <entity name="eventlogtext" query="SELECT * FROM eventlogtext"
                 deltaQuery="SELECT posttime FROM eventlogtext WHERE
lastmodtime > '${dataimporter.last_index_time}'">
             <entity name="categorytypes" query="SELECT catname FROM
categorytypes WHERE catid='${eventlogtext.category}'">
             </entity>
         </entity>
     </document>
</dataConfig>

It seems to me that this problem could be a classpath issue, but I
copied the appropriate jar file into the solr/lib directory to be sure.
This made the (slightly different) initial error go away, but now I
cannot make this one go away.

Any ideas?

Mark