lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Derek Poh <d...@globalsources.com>
Subject Re: 'missing content stream' issuing expungeDeletes=true
Date Tue, 01 Sep 2015 01:43:11 GMT
Hi Upayavira

In fact we are using optimize currently but was advised to use expunge
deletes as it is less resource intensive.
So expunge deletes will only remove deleted documents, it will not merge
all index segments into one?

If we don't use optimize, the deleted documents in the index will affect
the scores (with docFreq=2) of the matched documents which will affect
the relevancy of the search result.

Derek