lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Renee Sun <renee_...@mcafee.com>
Subject Re: is there any way to tell delete by query actually deleted anything?
Date Wed, 02 Sep 2015 21:32:52 GMT
Hi Shawn,
I think we have similar structure where we use frontier/back instead of
hot/cold :-)

so yes we will probably have to do the same.

since we have large customers and some of them may have tera bytes data and
end up with hundreds of cold cores.... the blind delete broadcasting to all
of them is a performance kill.

I am thinking of adding a in-memory inventory of coreID : docID  so I can
identify which core the document is in efficiently... what do you think
about it?

thanks
Renee