lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Alexandre Rafalovitch <arafa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Default field for query
Date Thu, 13 Aug 2015 18:38:51 GMT
On 13 August 2015 at 12:19, Scott Derrick <scott@tnstaafl.net> wrote:

> If i specify a search q=foo bar , Is there a way to set a default field if
> a field is not given?

You want  'df' parameter, unless I misunderstood the question? Íf you are
using default query parser (e.g. not eDisMax, etc), you have to have the
default field defined. I believe it is 'text' in the shipped examples.
Check solrconfig.xml where it is defined as a default value when using a
specific search handler end point (/select).

Regards,
   Alex.

----
Solr Analyzers, Tokenizers, Filters, URPs and even a newsletter:
http://www.solr-start.com/