lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Alexandre Rafalovitch <arafa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Solr relevant results
Date Fri, 14 Aug 2015 19:46:35 GMT
What's the search string? Or is the search string irrelevant and
that's just your compulsory ordering.
Assuming anything that searches has to be returned and has to fit into
that order, I would frankly just map your special codes all together
to some sort of 'sort order' number.

So, Code=>C = 4000, Code =>B=3000. Prefer=true=>100, Prefer=false=>0.
Then, sum it up. Or some such.

Remember that fuzzy search will match even things with low probability
so a fixed sort will bring low-probability matches on top. So, either
hard non-fuzzy searches or you need to look at different solutions,
such as buckets and top-n items within those.

Regards,
    Alex.
----
Solr Analyzers, Tokenizers, Filters, URPs and even a newsletter:
http://www.solr-start.com/