lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: Performance improvements
Date Mon, 24 Aug 2015 23:44:55 GMT
On 8/24/2015 4:33 PM, naga sharathrayapati wrote:
> In order to improve the query time of nested faceting query (json facet
> api), have used 'docValues' in the schema,optimized index and increased
> cache sizes(no evictions)
>
> I still cannot be bring the query time to less than 1 sec.
>
> is there anything that i can do that can improve the performance?

Without specific information about your setup, I can only offer this:

https://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrPerformanceProblems

Did you completely reindex after you changed your schema to add
docValues?  I would not expect optimizing the index to be enough.

https://wiki.apache.org/solr/HowToReindex

Other messages on the list from you say that you're running version
5.2.1.  You're probably good on garbage collection tuning, unless you
have changed how Solr is started.

Thanks,
Shawn