lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Adrian Liew <adrian.l...@avanade.com>
Subject RE: Performance warning overlapping onDeckSearchers
Date Wed, 12 Aug 2015 07:32:21 GMT
Thanks Shawn. Having said that increasing maxWarmingSearchers is usually wrong to solve this,
are there any implications if we set maxWarmingSearchers to zero to resolve this problem?

Or do you think there are some other settings that are worthwhile tuning to cater to the above?

Best regards,
Adrian

-----Original Message-----
From: Shawn Heisey [mailto:apache@elyograg.org]
Sent: Tuesday, August 11, 2015 11:02 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Performance warning overlapping onDeckSearchers

On 8/11/2015 3:02 AM, Adrian Liew wrote:
> Has anyone come across this issue, [some_index] PERFORMANCE WARNING: Overlapping onDeckSearchers=2?
>
> I am currently using Solr v5.2.1.
>
> What does this mean? Does this raise red flags?
>
> I am currently encountering an issue whereby my Sitecore system is unable to update the
index appropriately. I am not sure if this is linked to the warnings above.

https://wiki.apache.org/solr/FAQ#What_does_.22PERFORMANCE_WARNING:_Overlapping_onDeckSearchers.3DX.22_mean_in_my_logs.3F

What the wiki page doesn't explicitly state is that increasing maxWarmingSearchers is usually
the wrong way to solve this, because that can actually make the problem *worse*.  It is implied
by the things the page DOES say, but it is not stated.

Thanks,
Shawn