lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Adrian Liew <adrian.l...@avanade.com>
Subject RE: Jetty servlet container in production environment
Date Wed, 15 Jul 2015 07:11:25 GMT
Thanks Upaya for sharing. I am looking to deploy Solr in a Windows 64 Bit Server environment.
Some people do say Jetty works optimally in a Linux based environment. Having said that, I
believe Solr will have improved it's stability within a Windows environment.

I agree with you on the advice. Shall just leave it as Jetty servlet. Thanks.

Best regards,

Adrian Liew |  Consultant Application Developer
Avanade Malaysia Sdn. Bhd..| Consulting Services
(: Direct: +(603) 2382 5668
√ą: +6010-2288030

-----Original Message-----
From: Upayavira [mailto:uv@odoko.co.uk]
Sent: Wednesday, July 15, 2015 2:57 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Jetty servlet container in production environment

Use Jetty. Or rather, just use bin/solr or bin\solr.cmd to interact with Solr.

In the past, Solr shipped as a "war" which could be deployed in any servlet container. Since
5.0, it is to be considered a self-contained application, that just happens to use Jetty underneath.

If you used something other than the inbuilt Jetty, you might end up with issues later on
down the line when developers decide to make an optimisation or improvement that isn't compatible
with the Servlet spec.

Upayavira