lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Programmatically find out if node is overseer
Date Fri, 17 Jul 2015 00:55:15 GMT
look at the overseer election ephemeral node in ZK, the first one in
line is the current overseer.

Best,
Erick

On Thu, Jul 16, 2015 at 3:42 AM, Markus Jelsma
<markus.jelsma@openindex.io> wrote:
> Hello - i need to run a thread on a single instance of a cloud so need to find out if
current node is the overseer. I know we can already programmatically find out if this replica
is the leader of a shard via isLeader(). I have looked everywhere but i cannot find an isOverseer.
I did find the election stuff but i am unsure if that is what i need to use.