lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Aditya Dhulipala <adhul...@usc.edu>
Subject How to:- Extending Tika within Solr
Date Thu, 23 Jul 2015 20:03:41 GMT
Hi,

I have implemented a new file-type parser for TIka. It parses a custom
filetype (*.mx)

I would like my Solr instance to use my version of Tika with the mx parser.

I found this by a google search

https://lucidworks.com/blog/extending-apache-tika-capabilities/

But it seems to be over 5 years old. And the "download project" link is
broken

Can anybody help me with this?

I tried replaceing the tika-* jars within contrib/extraction/lib under
solr-root with my compiled tika-* jars. But that didn't work, Solr is still
using the old Tika binaries (i.e. without .mx parser). I know that my
tika-** jars are working correctly, because I can run them in GUI mode and
parse a test .mx file.

Thanks!

-

Aditya