lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Diego Ceccarelli <diego.ceccare...@gmail.com>
Subject Rerank queries and grouping
Date Wed, 15 Jul 2015 18:36:46 GMT
Hi Everyone,

I need to use a RankQuery within a grouping [1].
I did some experiments with RerankQuery [2]  and solr 4.10.2 and it seems
that
if you group on a field, the reranking query is completely ignored
(on the cloud, and on a single instance).
I would expect to see the results in each group reranked using the
RerankQuery.

I had a look at the grouping code and documentation and,
if I correctly understood, the grouping works in two steps:

1) first the top groups are retrieved
2) top documents for each group in the top groups are retrieved.

I thought that the collector generated by a RankQuery could be injected
in 2), i.e., for each group set a rerank collector... but I'm not sure if
this solution
is feasable since the collectors are set in Lucene
(AbstractSecondPassGroupingCollector)
and a RankQuery is defined in Solr...

Any suggestion?

Thanks,