lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Charlie Hubbard <charlie.hubb...@gmail.com>
Subject Help me under the pros/cons of dynamic fields and schema-less mode
Date Sat, 18 Jul 2015 15:49:50 GMT
So I want to allow people to upload any CSV/XML/JSON to solr they want so
having a predefined schema isn't going to cut it.  After reading about my
options I figured my choices were schema-less mode and dynamic fields using
the * with a type other than ignore.  I know the docs say schema-less isn't
something for production, but it seems like that is changing if I read
between the lines.  With dynamic fields can I still use the schema API to
describe all of the fields that have been indexed?

I like how easy dynamic fields is to configure, so what are the pros and
cons of both?

Charlie