lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Andrea Gazzarini <a.gazzar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: To the experts: howto force opening a new searcher?
Date Wed, 15 Jul 2015 08:51:08 GMT
What do you mean with "clean" state? A searcher is a view over a given
index (let's say) "state"...if the state didn't change why do you want
another (identical) view?

On 15 Jul 2015 02:30, "Bernd Fehling" <bernd.fehling@uni-bielefeld.de>
wrote:

> I'm doing some testing on long running huge indexes.
> Therefore I need a "clean" state after some days running.
> My idea was to open a new searcher with commit command:
>
> INFO  - org.apache.solr.update.DirectUpdateHandler2;
>         start
commit{,optimize=false,openSearcher=true,waitSearcher=true,expungeDeletes=false,softCommit=false,prepareCommit=false}
> INFO  - org.apache.solr.update.DirectUpdateHandler2; No uncommitted
changes. Skipping IW.commit.
> INFO  - org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore; SolrIndexSearcher has not changed
- not re-opening: org.apache.solr.search.SolrIndexSearcher