lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Ronald Wood <rw...@smarsh.com>
Subject Re: Distributed queries hang in a non-SolrCloud environment, Solr 4.10.4
Date Mon, 06 Jul 2015 12:30:58 GMT
Thank you! I will look into that and give it a try.

I also am going to look at the cache overall and try to tune it for the faceting we’re doing.

Ronald S. Wood | Senior Software Developer
857-991-7681 (mobile)

Smarsh
100 Franklin St. Suite 903 | Boston, MA 02210
1-866-SMARSH-1 | 971-998-9967 (fax)
www.smarsh.com <http://www.smarsh.com/>

Immediate customer support:
Call 1-866-762-7741 (x2) or visit www.smarsh.com/support <http://www.smarsh.com/support>

On 7/3/15, 1:42 AM, "Shalin Shekhar Mangar" <shalinmangar@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Fri, Jul 3, 2015 at 1:06 AM, Ronald Wood <rwood@smarsh.com> wrote:
>>

>> I had initially suspect that distributed searches combined with faceting might be
part of the issue, since I had seen some long-running threads that seemed to spend a long
time in the FastLRUCache when getting facets for a single field. However, in the latest case
of blocked queries, I am not seeing that.

>That happens because by default the FastLRUCache will steal the
>request thread to perform clean up when the number of items exceed a
>certain limit. You can avoid this by using cleanupThread="true" as an
>attribute in the cache's configuration. That will spawn a new thread
>to clean up if and when required so that request threads aren't
>blocked for a long time.
>

>> We have two slaves that replicate from a master, and we were saw the issue recur
after a while of client usage, ruling out a hardware issue.

>> Does anyone have any suggestions for potential avenues of attack for getting to the
bottom of this? Or are there any known issues that could be implicated in this?