lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: SOLR Exception with SOLR Cloud 5.1 setup on Linux
Date Wed, 29 Jul 2015 13:09:06 GMT
On 7/28/2015 5:10 PM, Yonik Seeley wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 28, 2015 at 6:54 PM, Shawn Heisey <apache@elyograg.org> wrote:
>> To get out of the hole you're in now, either build a new collection with
>> the actual shard count that you want so it's correctly set up, or edit
>> the clusterstate in zookeeper to change the hash range (change 80000000
>> to 00000000)
>
> Actually, if you want a range that covers the entire 32 bit hash
> space, it would be
> 80000000-7fffffff  (hex representations of signed integers).

Good to know.  Thanks.  I was somewhat confused by something I saw in my
own clusterstate on a three-shard collection where the start value
appeared to be larger than the end value in one of the shards, this note
makes that understandable.  I find it irritating and confusing, but now
it makes sense.

Shawn