lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Persistence problem with swapped cores after Solr restart -- 4.9.1
Date Mon, 13 Jul 2015 21:44:51 GMT
On Solr 4.9.1 with core discovery, I seem to be having trouble with core
swaps not persisting through a full Solr restart.

I apologize for the fact that this message is lean on details ... I've
seen the problem twice now, but I don't have any concrete before/after
information about what's in each core.properties file.  I am attempting
to set up the scenario again and gather that information.

The entire directory structure is set up as a git repo, so I will be
able to tell if any files (like core.properties) are modified for the
rebuild/swap that I have started.  The repo shows no changes at the
moment, but I have done several of these rebuild/swap operations, so
even if core.properties is being correctly updated, it might just have
landed back on the original configuration.

I have another copy of my index using Solr 4.7.2 with the old solr.xml
format that seems to have no problems with core swapping and
persistence.  That works differently, though -- all cores are defined in
solr.xml rather than with core.properties files.

When I first set up these Solr instances, I don't recall having this
problem, but full Solr restarts are really rare, so it's possible I just
didn't create the right circumstances.

Thanks,
Shawn