lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Do we need to add docValues="true" to "_version_" field in schema.xml?
Date Tue, 16 Jun 2015 18:03:00 GMT
: For the "_version_" field in the schema.xml, do we need to set it be
: docValues="true"?

you *can* add docValues, but it is not required.

There is an open discussion about wether we should add docValues to
the _version_ field (or even switch completely to indexed="false") in this
jira...

...if you try it out and find it works better for you, please post a
comment with your experiences and any annecdotal performance impacts you
notice.  (real world use cases/observations are always helpful)

-Hoss
http://www.lucidworks.com/