lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to assign shard to specifc node?
Date Wed, 10 Jun 2015 15:45:06 GMT
Take a look at the collections API CREATE command in more detail here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Collections+API#CollectionsAPI-api1

Admittedly this is 5.2 but you didn't mention what version of Solr
you're using.
In particular the createNodeSet and createNodeSet.shuffle parameters.

Best,
Erick

On Wed, Jun 10, 2015 at 8:31 AM, MOIS Martin (MORPHO)
<martin.mois@morpho.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a cluster with 3 nodes (node1, node2 and node3). Now I want to create a new collection
with 3 shards using `implicit` routing:

>     http://localhost:8983/solr/admin/collections?action=CREATE&name=mycollection&numShards=3&router.name=implicit&shards=shard1,shard2,shard3&router.field=shard
>
> How can I control on which node each shard gets created? The goal is to create shard1
on node1, shard2 on node2, etc..

> The background is that the actual raw data the index is created for should reside on
the same host. That means I have a "raw" record composed of different data (documents, images,
meta-data, etc.) for which I compute a Lucene "document" that gets indexed. In order to reduce
network traffic I want to process the "raw" record on node1 and insert the resulting Lucene
document into shard1 that resides on node1. If shard1 would reside on node2, the Lucene document
would have to be send from node1 to node2 which causes for big record sets a lot of inter
node communication.

> Thanks in advance.
>
> Best Regards,
> Martin Mois
> #
> " This e-mail and any attached documents may contain confidential or proprietary information.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any dissemination, copying of
this e-mail and any attachments thereto or use of their contents by any means whatsoever is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please advise the sender immediately
and delete this e-mail and all attached documents from your computer system."