lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Alessandro Benedetti <benedetti.ale...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Number of clustering labels to show
Date Mon, 01 Jun 2015 09:31:00 GMT
Only to clarify the initial mail, The carrot.fragSize has nothing to do
with the number of clusters produced.

When you select to work with field summary ( you will work only on snippets
from the original content, snippets produced by the highlight of the query
in the content), the fragSize will specify the size of these fragments.

>From Carrot documentation :

carrot.produceSummary

When true, the carrot.snippet
<https://wiki.apache.org/solr/ClusteringComponent#carrot.snippet> field (if
no snippet field, then the carrot.title
<https://wiki.apache.org/solr/ClusteringComponent#carrot.title> field) will
be highlighted and the highlighted text will be used for clustering.
Highlighting is recommended when the snippet field contains a lot of
content. Highlighting can also increase the quality of clustering because
the clustered content will get an additional query-specific context.
carrot.fragSize

The frag size to use for highlighting. Meaningful only when
carrot.produceSummary
<https://wiki.apache.org/solr/ClusteringComponent#carrot.produceSummary> is
true. If not specified, the default highlighting fragsize (hl.fragsize)
will be used. If that isn't specified, then 100.

Cheers

--

Benedetti Alessandro

"Tyger, tyger burning bright