lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Terry Rhodes <trhodes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: phrase matches returning near matches
Date Tue, 16 Jun 2015 17:09:33 GMT
This might be an issue with your stemmer. "management" being stemmed to
"manage", "changes" being stemmed to "change" then the terms match. You
can use the solr admin UI to test your indexing and query analysis
chains to see if this is happening.

why 'near neighbours' are returned from a phrase search. If I search for:

> "manage change"
>
> I get back a document that contains "this will help in your management of <lots more
words...> changes". It's relevant but I'd like to understand why solr is returning it.
Is it a combination of fuzzy/slop? The distance between the two variations of the two words
in the document is quite large.