lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: Separate network interfaces for inter-node communication and update/search requests?
Date Thu, 11 Jun 2015 13:04:56 GMT
On 6/11/2015 6:47 AM, MOIS Martin (MORPHO) wrote:
> is it possible to separate the network interface for inter-node communication from the
network interface for update/search requests? If so I could put two network cards in each
machine and route the index and search traffic over the first interface and the traffic for
the inter-node communication (sending documents to replicas) over the second interface.

Assuming you are using SolrCloud, you would do this by using the name or
IP address of the internal communication interface on the "host"
parameter in your solr.xml file (or -Dhost=foo on the startup
commandline).  This will cause each node to register itself with
zookeeper using that interface.

Note that what I've said above probably will not work with a cloud-aware
client like CloudSolrClient/CloudSolrServer in SolrJ, because that
client will obtain the server/port for each node from zookeeper and try
to contact each one directly.  The necessary routing probably will not
be in place.

If it's not SolrCloud, then the shards parameter that you are using for
distributed search would need internal names/addresses.

The other interface, for queries and updates, would be the one with the
default gateway.

Thanks,
Shawn