lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Gopal Jee <zgo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Solr cloud clusterstate.json update query ?
Date Wed, 06 May 2015 04:42:03 GMT
about <2> , live_nodes under zookeeper is ephemeral node (please see
zookeeper ephemeral node). So, once connection from solr zkClient to
zookeeper is lost, these nodes will disappear automatically. AFAIK,
clusterstate.json is updated by overseer based on messages published to a
queue in zookeeper by solr zkclients. In case, solr node dies ungracefully,
I am not sure how this event is updated in clusterstate.json.
*Can someone shed some light *on ungraceful solr shutdown and consequent
status update in clusterstate. I guess there would be some ay, because all
nodes in a cluster decides clusterstate based on watched clusterstate.json
node. They will not be watching live_nodes for updating their state.

Gopal