lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Ravi Solr <ravis...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: solr 5.x on glassfish/tomcat instead of jetty
Date Wed, 20 May 2015 16:39:49 GMT
Shawn I agree with you, but, some of the decisions in the corporate world
are handed down through higher powers/pay grade, who do not always like to
hear counter arguments. For example, this is the same reason why
govt/federal restrict tech folks only use certified DBs/App Servers like
Oracle,WSAD etc (Not to say that govt teams are not using SOLR, I know
library of congress etc use it.). Some times the decision is above my pay
grade more so when the firm is not a core Technology firm. I would rather
find a way than be labeled an anarchist, after all anything is possible
with software right !!?? ;-)

Hope you have already viewed "The Expert" video on YouTube :-)

Thanks

Ravi Kiran Bhaskar