lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Steven White <swhite4...@gmail.com>
Subject Cannot get "uf" (user fields) to work
Date Thu, 14 May 2015 11:49:27 GMT
Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to utilize "uf" but it doesn't work.  My reading of it per:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/The+Extended+DisMax+Query+Parser
is I can use it to limit into which fields a search is performed.  E.g.: If
my index has F1, F2, F3, F4, and I set "uf" to F3, than I should get hits
on F3 only.

Here is my request handler:

  <requestHandler name="/select_group_a" class="solr.SearchHandler">
     <lst name="defaults">
       <str name="echoParams">explicit</str>
       <int name="rows">20</int>
       <str name="defType">edismax</str>
       <str name="qf">F1 F2 F3 F4</str>
       <str name="uf">F3</str>
       <str name="fl">type,id,score</str>
       <str name="wt">xml</str>
       <str name="indent">true</str>
     </lst>
  </requestHandler>

I also tried passing "uf" on the URL and it too didn't work.  I'm getting
hits on terms that are in other fields.

Is my usage of "uf" wrong?

Thanks

Steve