lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Jacob Graves <jacob.gra...@gettyimages.com>
Subject solr date functions and object creation
Date Tue, 26 May 2015 23:29:14 GMT
Hello

I have a weird SOLR problem with object creation from a date function query against a TrieDate
field in my index called ds.

This boost function

               &bf=min(div(ms(NOW/HOUR,ds),604800000),26)

causes many millions of FunctionQuery objects to be created in memory. When I change it to

               &bf=min(abs(div(ms(NOW/HOUR,ds),604800000)),26)

the extra objects aren't created, the change is I added abs().
I've checked that every document has the field ds populated and the dates it contains are
all on the past
Any ideas why? The extra memory usage has caused stability problems.

Thanks