lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Emir Arnautovic <emir.arnauto...@sematext.com>
Subject Re: Transactional Behavior
Date Thu, 14 May 2015 13:12:25 GMT
Hi Amr,
As far as I am aware, SOLR does not support transaction isolation. If
you really need it, you will have to isolate it yourself. Easiest way is
to sacrifice concurrent updates.
Other way of achieving it would be to to index in separate indices
(maybe in memory) concurrently and than merge it with your main index in
isolation. There are probably better solutions but this is from the top
of my head.

Thanks,
Emir

On 14.05.2015 14:21, Amr Ali wrote:
> Hello guys,
>
> Any expert advice this issue?
>

> --
> Regards,
> Amr Ali
>
> City stars capital 8 - 3rd floor, Nasr city, Cairo, Egypt
> Ext: 278

they will be searchable. In a transaction I need to insert a bulk of data (all bulk data will
be searchable once) or roll it back according to some business scenarios.

> --
> Regards,
> Amr Ali
>
> City stars capital 8 - 3rd floor, Nasr city, Cairo, Egypt
> Ext: 278

transaction. It is not cheap option - additional field if you don't have something to use
to identify transaction. Assuming rollback will not happen to often deleting is not that big
issue.

Support * http://sematext.com/

> On 12.05.2015 22:37, Amr Ali wrote:
>> Please check this
>>
>> https://lucene.apache.org/solr/4_1_0/solr-solrj/org/apache/solr/client
>> /solrj/SolrServer.html#rollback() "Note that this is not a true
>> rollback as in databases. Content you have previously added may have been committed
due to autoCommit, buffer full, other client performing a commit etc."

>> It is not a real rollback if you have two threads T1 and T2 that are adding. If T1
is adding 500 and T2 is adding 3 then T2 will commit its 3 document PLUS the documents added
by T1 (because T2 will finish add/commit before T2 due to the documents number). Solr transactions
are "server side" only.

>> --
>> Regards,
>> Amr Ali
>>
>> City stars capital 8 - 3rd floor, Nasr city, Cairo, Egypt
>> Ext: 278

clear how it works in SolrCloud.