lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Ahmet Arslan <iori...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: [solr 5.1] Looking for full text + collation search field
Date Wed, 20 May 2015 20:08:54 GMT
Hi Bjorn,

solr.ICUCollationField is useful for *sorting*, and you cannot sort on tokenized fields.

Your example looks like diacritics insensitive search.
Please see : ASCIIFoldingFilterFactory

Ahmet

On Wednesday, May 20, 2015 2:53 PM, Björn Keil <deephell@web.de> wrote:
Hello,

might anyone suggest a field type with which I may do both a full text
search (i.e. there is an analyzer including a tokenizer) and apply a
collation?

An example for what I want to do:
There is a field "composer" for which I passed the value "Dvořák, Antonín".

I want the following queries to match:
composer:(antonín dvořák)
composer:dvorak
composer:"dvorak, antonin"

the latter case is possible using a solr.ICUCollationField, but that
type does not support an Analyzer and consequently no tokenizer, thus,
it is not helpful.

Unlike former versions of solr there do not seem to be
CollationKeyFilters which you may hang into the analyzer of a
solr.TextField... so I am a bit at a loss how I get *both* a tokenizer
and a collation at the same time.

Thanks for help,
Björn