lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Eyal Naamati" <Eyal.Naam...@exlibrisgroup.com>
Subject RE: Korean script conversion
Date Wed, 15 Apr 2015 06:47:24 GMT
Trying again since I don't have an answer yet.
Thanks!

Eyal Naamati
Alma Developer
Tel: +972-2-6499313
Mobile: +972-547915255
Eyal.Naamati@exlibrisgroup.com<mailto:Eyal.Naamati@exlibrisgroup.com>
www.exlibrisgroup.com<http://www.exlibrisgroup.com/>

From: Eyal Naamati
Sent: Sunday, March 29, 2015 7:52 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Korean script conversion

Hi,

We are starting to index records in Korean. Korean text can be written in two scripts: Han
characters (Chinese) and Hangul characters (Korean).
We are looking for some solr filter or another built in solr component that converts between
Han and Hangul characters (transliteration).
I know there is the ICUTransformFilterFactory that can convert between Japanese or chinese
scripts, for example:
<filter class="solr.ICUTransformFilterFactory" id="Katakana- Hiragana"/> for Japanese
script conversions
So far I couldn't find anything readymade for Korean scripts, but perhaps someone knows of
one?