lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Steven White <swhite4...@gmail.com>
Subject Remote connection to Solr
Date Fri, 24 Apr 2015 14:03:33 GMT
Hi Everyone,

This maybe a Jetty question but let me start here first.

I have Solr running on my laptop and from my desktop I have no issue
accessing it.  However, if I take my laptop home and connect it to my home
network, the next day when I connect the laptop to my office network, I no
longer can access Solr from my desktop.  A restart of Solr will not do, the
only fix is to restart my Windows 8.1 OS (that's what's on my laptop).

I have not been able to figure out why this is happening and I'm suspecting
it has to do something with Jetty because I have Solr 3.6 running on my
laptop in a WebSphere profile and it does not run into this issue.

Any ideas what could be causing this?  Is this question for the Jetty
mailing list?

Thanks

Steve