lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Steven White <swhite4...@gmail.com>
Subject Using SolrJ to access schema.xml
Date Fri, 24 Apr 2015 21:30:05 GMT
Hi Everyone,

Per this link
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Schema+API#SchemaAPI-ListFieldTypes
Solr supports REST Schema API to modify to the schema.  I looked at
http://lucene.apache.org/solr/4_2_1/solr-solrj/index.html?overview-summary.html
in hope SolrJ has Java API to allow schema modification, but I couldn't
find any.  Is this the case or did I not look hard enough?

My need is to manage Solr's schema.xml file using a remote API.  The REST
Schema API gets me there but but I have to write code to work with the
response / request XML which I much rather avoid if it is already out there.

Thanks

Steve