lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Davis, Daniel (NIH/NLM) [C]" <daniel.da...@nih.gov>
Subject Backup within SolrCloud
Date Mon, 06 Apr 2015 18:29:14 GMT
So, we have replication, but what if something bad is indexed into the cluster, or someone
accidentally deletes *:* on some collection?
How do people manage backup in SolrCloud?

I'm primarily interested in smaller indexes where backup is at all feasible.   I imagine a
system such as Facebook really has to hope it stays up and maybe do something similar to log
shipping, e.g. keep intermediate results that were fed into Solr.   My applications are likely
to be a bit smaller, and classic system backups apply.

Thanks,

Dan Davis, Systems/Applications Architect (Contractor),
Office of Computer and Communications Systems,
National Library of Medicine, NIH