lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Eric Meisler" <Eric.Meis...@veritablelp.com>
Subject Document Created Date
Date Tue, 21 Apr 2015 14:57:31 GMT
I am a newbie and just started using Solr 4.10.3.  We have successfully indexed a network drive
and are running searches.  We now have a request to show the "Created Date" for all documents
(PDF/WORD/TXT/XLS) that come back in our search results.  I have successfully filtered on
the last_modified date but I cannot figure out or find out how to add a document's Created
Date to the schema.xml.  We do not want to search on the created date since last_modified
date handles this but just want to display it.  To my understanding I need to add indexed="false"
and stored="true" to the xml field but I don't know how or understand how the xml name will
map to the document's created date property.

This is my guess:
<field name="CreatedDate" type="date" indexed="false" stored="true"/>

Can someone please supply the correct syntax for the xml and maybe a brief comment on how
solr maps to the actual document's property?  Also, will I need to re-index the dive to make
this change apply?

Thanks,
  Eric