lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: 1:M connectivity
Date Fri, 17 Apr 2015 13:37:06 GMT
On 4/16/2015 2:27 PM, Oded Sofer wrote:
> The issue is the firewall setting needed for the cloud. We do not want to open all nodes
to all others nodes. However, we found that add-index to a specific node tries to access all
other nodes though we set it to index locally on that node only.

That is basic SolrCloud operation.

If the nodes cannot communicate with each other, they cannot keep
replicas in sync, they will not know when another node goes down
(required to keep the clusterstate current), multi-shard distributed
search will not work, Solr cannot load balance queries across the cloud,
collection creation will not work, and so on.  There are probably
several other fundamental SolrCloud operations that require inter-node
communication.

If you don't want the nodes to talk to each other, you probably need to
stop using SolrCloud, plus give up distributed search and replication
entirely.

Thanks,
Shawn