lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: Solr 5.0.0 integration with Nutch 1.9
Date Mon, 06 Apr 2015 23:24:16 GMT
On 4/6/2015 2:14 PM, Anchit Jain wrote:
> I want to index nutch results using *Solr 5.0* but as mentioned in
> https://wiki.apache.org/nutch/NutchTutorial there is no directory
> ${APACHE_SOLR_HOME}/example/solr/collection1/conf/
>  in  solr 5.0 . So where I have to copy *schema.xml*?
> Also there is no *start.jar* present in example directory.

The first thing to ask is whether you are running in cloud mode or
standard mode.  If you're in cloud mode, then what I'm saying below will
require modification.

After you start Solr with "bin/solr start" you can then do this command:

bin/solr create -c foo -d sample_techproducts_configs

Once that's done, you will have a core named foo, and then you can put
the schema and any other Solr config files you get from nutch in the
server/solr/foo/conf directory.

The create command will choose the example for a data-driven schema by
default.  The sample_techproducts_configs example will meet your needs
better.

Thanks,
Shawn