lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From LAFK <tomasz.bo...@gmail.com>
Subject Odp.: Remote connection to Solr
Date Sun, 26 Apr 2015 11:51:24 GMT
Try running a different server first and see if that ain't windows shutting down network when
sleeping / hibernating and not waking it up later. Or blocking the sockets.

@LAFK_PL
  Oryginalna wiadomość
Od: Steven White
Wysłano: piątek, 24 kwietnia 2015 16:04
Do: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Odpowiedz: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Temat: Remote connection to Solr

Hi Everyone,

This maybe a Jetty question but let me start here first.

I have Solr running on my laptop and from my desktop I have no issue
accessing it. However, if I take my laptop home and connect it to my home
network, the next day when I connect the laptop to my office network, I no
longer can access Solr from my desktop. A restart of Solr will not do, the
only fix is to restart my Windows 8.1 OS (that's what's on my laptop).

I have not been able to figure out why this is happening and I'm suspecting
it has to do something with Jetty because I have Solr 3.6 running on my
laptop in a WebSphere profile and it does not run into this issue.

Any ideas what could be causing this? Is this question for the Jetty
mailing list?

Thanks

Steve