lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Vijay Bhoomireddy" <vijaya.bhoomire...@whishworks.com>
Subject RE: HttpSolrServer and CloudSolrServer
Date Sat, 18 Apr 2015 15:40:19 GMT
Thanks Andrea and Erick. It helped my understanding.

Thanks & Regards
Vijay

-----Original Message-----
From: Erick Erickson [mailto:erickerickson@gmail.com]
Sent: 17 April 2015 17:27
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: HttpSolrServer and CloudSolrServer

Additionally when indexing, CloudSolrServer collects up the documents for each shard and routes
them to the leader for that shard, moving that processing away from whatever node you happen
so contact using HttpSolrServer.

Finally, HttpSolrServer is a single point of failure if the node you point to goes down, whereas
CloudSolrServer will compensate if any node goes down.

Best,
Erick

--
The contents of this e-mail are confidential and for the exclusive use of
the intended recipient. If you receive this e-mail in error please delete